Chef #537103's Note:
I love fudge brownies, but don't always have time to make them from scratch. After some experimentation I found away to make brownie mix much more interesting and tasty! Now my new favourite brownie recipe.
My Private Note
sheet o ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (20 ounce) box Pillsbury Fudge Brownie Mix (brand I recomend, but any mix requiring 1/2 cup vegetable oil and 2 eggs will do)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup hazelnut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 large orange, zest of
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate roasted almonds
- 2 tablespoons cream (optional) or 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Zest large orange.
- 3Crush almonds into small chucks.
- 4Mix brownie mix, vegetable oil, hazelnut oil, and eggs together.
- 5Stir in orange zest, then almonds.
- 6Add in cream or half-n-half for extra richness.
- 7Spread into slightly greased pan.
- 8Bake 25-40 minutes depending on thickness of pan (i.e. 9X12: 25 min, 9x9: 30 min, 9" circular pan: 35-40 minute.
- 9Garnish with orange peel, if desired.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hazelnut Orange Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (84 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 587.6
- Calories from Fat 363
- Total Fat 40.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 105.7 mg
- Sodium 251.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 6.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, zest of
dark chocolate roasted almonds