Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love fudge brownies, but don't always have time to make them from scratch. After some experimentation I found away to make brownie mix much more interesting and tasty! Now my new favourite brownie recipe.
- 1 (20 ounce) box Pillsbury Fudge Brownie Mix (brand I recomend, but any mix requiring 1/2 cup vegetable oil and 2 eggs will do)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup hazelnut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 large orange, zest of
- 1⁄4 cup dark chocolate roasted almonds
- 2 tablespoons cream (optional) or 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Zest large orange.
- Crush almonds into small chucks.
- Mix brownie mix, vegetable oil, hazelnut oil, and eggs together.
- Stir in orange zest, then almonds.
- Add in cream or half-n-half for extra richness.
- Spread into slightly greased pan.
- Bake 25-40 minutes depending on thickness of pan (i.e. 9X12: 25 min, 9x9: 30 min, 9" circular pan: 35-40 minute.
- Garnish with orange peel, if desired.