Recipe by COOKGIRl
From Bon Appetit April 1996 as served at the Trophy Sports' Grill in San Diego, California.
Top Review by Annacia
What a pleasure this dressing is, I really love the nut oil addition. I used it on my salad tonight and then drizzled some on the asparagus as well. When I started to squeeze the Dijon bottle nothing came out, imagine my surprise! I can attest to the fact that it's still a marvelous dressing without it. It's very light tasting and really enhances whatever you use it on.
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic, finely minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 6 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons hazelnut oil
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small glass measuring cup, mix together the basil, parsley, garlic, and Dijon mustard.
- Gradually whisk in the olive oil, followed by the rice vinegar and finally the hazelnut oil.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Whisk again just before serving.