Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
Especially for nutella lovers! Prep time does not include 30 minutes rest time.
- 236.59 ml butter
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 295.73 ml flour
- 78.07 ml hazelnuts, finely chopped
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 768.91 ml rolled oats, not instant
- 354.88 ml raisins (optional)
- 314.66 ml nutella
- Cream butter and sugars in a large bowl. Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- slowly add dry ingredients, mixing well after each addition.
- Add rolled oats and raisins. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Roll into balls, about 1 1/2 tsp in each. Place 2 inches apart on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes or until golden. Cool completely.
- Spread 1 tsp of nutella on the bottom of a cookie and top with another cookie. Repeat for remaining cookies.
Excellent oatmeal sandwich cookies, kind of chewy, kind of crunchy with a nutty flavour. We all love them! Leave lots of room between them on the pan...they spread out and are very thin. Reviewed for Pick a Chef spring 2006.