Recipe by * Pamela *
Especially for nutella lovers! Prep time does not include 30 minutes rest time.
Top Review by Cookin-jo
Excellent oatmeal sandwich cookies, kind of chewy, kind of crunchy with a nutty flavour. We all love them! Leave lots of room between them on the pan...they spread out and are very thin. Reviewed for Pick a Chef spring 2006.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup hazelnuts, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 1⁄4 cups rolled oats, not instant
- 1 1⁄2 cups raisins (optional)
- 1 1⁄3 cups nutella
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugars in a large bowl. Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- slowly add dry ingredients, mixing well after each addition.
- Add rolled oats and raisins. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Roll into balls, about 1 1/2 tsp in each. Place 2 inches apart on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes or until golden. Cool completely.
- Spread 1 tsp of nutella on the bottom of a cookie and top with another cookie. Repeat for remaining cookies.