Recipe by Kaarin
These are rich and delicious. They remind me of Ferrero Rocher candies, which I love.
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 60 hazelnuts, whole (filberts)
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons shortening
- hazelnuts, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve coffee in vanilla.
- Beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add the coffee mixture, flour and cocoa.
- Shape 1 teaspoon of dough into balls.
- Press a hazelnut into center of each ball.
- Bake 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for about 15 minutes.
- Cool 1 minute, then move to wire rack to cool completely.
- Microwave chocolate and shortening until melted, about 1 minute. Stir smooth.
- Drizzle over cookies, or roll cookies in chocolate and sprinkle with chopped nuts.