Recipe by Mercy
This recipe is from Dundee Hazelnuts & The Oregon Hazelnut Industry. The cooking time is actually the cooling time.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white corn syrup
- 1 cup whole shelled hazelnuts
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup melted white chocolate, for drizzling
- 1⁄2 cup melted milk chocolate, for drizzling
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish, stir together sugar and syrup.
- Microwave on HIGH for 4 minutes.
- Stir in the hazelnuts and microwave on HIGH for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add butter and vanilla, blending well.
- Microwave on HIGH for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour mixture onto a lightly buttered warm cookie sheet.
- Let cool for 1/2 to 1 hour.
- Break into small pieces and drizzle with white and milk chocolate.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool place.