Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This looks really yumm. I've not had a chance to make it yet and I didn't want to lose the recipe. You may want some extra passion fruit pulp to drizzle over the berries.
- 3 egg whites
- 3⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground hazelnuts
- 250 g light cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons passion fruit pulp
- 250 g seasonal fresh berries (or however much you want to use)
- Beat egg whites to stiff peaks in a large mixing bowl.
- Gradually add castor sugar whilst still beating until thick and glossy.
- Gently fold through the ground hazelnuts.
- Place tabelspoons of meringue mix onto lined baking tray and spread out to about 10cm.
- Using the back of a spoon, make slight indentations into the top of each meringue.
- Bake at 120c for 40-45 minutes or until firm.
- Cool in the oven with the door ajar.
- Mix together the cream cheese, icing sugar, and passionfruit until smooth.
- Spread evenly over the cooled meringues.
- Top with fresh berries and drizzle with extra passionfruit.