Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon, zest of
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups ground hazelnuts
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Gradually beat in the egg yolk, vanilla, and lemon zest.
- Stir in the flour and ground hazelnuts with a large spoon.
- Shape dough into walnut sized balls and place them 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Make an indention in the center of each ball with your finger.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes in preheated oven.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a small saucean or microwave.
- Stir chips until smooth.
- When cookies come out of the oven, spoon 1/2 teaspoon of the melted chocolate into the indentation.
- When cookies are completely cool, dust lightly with powdered sugar.