Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
From the June 2003 volume of Table...
- 180 g hazelnuts, ground to a meal
- 200 g caster sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 100 g dark chocolate, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 deg F.
- Lightly greas a baking tray and line with baking paper.
- Place the hazelnuts, sugar, eggwhites and vanilla in a food processor and process into a thick paste.
- Place tablespoons of mixture on the tray about 2 cm apart and bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Cook on a wire rack.
- Drizzle some melted chocolate over the top of each macaroon.
- Allow to set before serving.