Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This different-sounding recipe caught my attention, so I'm posting here for safe-keeping.
Make and share this Hazelnut Lemon Salsa recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 12 medium garlic cloves (you could use already roasted garlic as well and skip the garlic prep step... Heh.)
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes, finely diced
- 1⁄2 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- HAZELNUT PREP: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the hazelnuts on a cookie sheet and into the oven.
- When the hazelnuts become aromatic, approximately 7-8 minutes, remove from oven. Let them cool slightly, then rub vigorously with a clean kitchen towel to remove the outer skin.
- Return to oven for 3-4 more minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Using a food processor coarsely grind the hazelnuts. Be sure not to over process; leave them slightly chunky.
- GARLIC PREP: Place the garlic cloves on another cookie sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and roast the garlic until they are softened and golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- SALSA PREP: In a medium stainless steel bowl combine the remaining ingredients adding the hazelnuts and garlic.
- Mix well and cover. Let the flavors blend for 1 hour before use.