1/1 Photo of Hazelnut Layer Cheesecake
1 hr 30 mins
Different and not as rich as regular cheesecake, but just as good, Or may I even say, better ;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For Sponge Base
- 1Make sponge base first.
- 2Line and grease a 9inch cake pan. Preheat oven to 180degrees celsius.
- 3Whisk egg yolks and sugar till pale and quite fluffy.
- 4In another bowl, whisk egg whites till foamy. Gradually whisk in sugar till stiff peaks form.
- 5Fold white mix into yellow mix. Sieve in flour and fold it in BY HAND, and not with the mixer.
- 6Finally fold in the oil or melted butter till well incorporated. Pour into pan and bake for 25-30 mins, till cooked.
- 7Immediately remove from cake tin and cool. Slice into 2 layers.Then using either the ring of an 8inch springform tin, or an 8 inch cake ring, cut out circles from each sponge (this is so that both are of exact equal size, thats why we make the cake slightly bigger).
- 8For Cheesecake:.
- 9If using gelatin leaves, soften in cold water. Then dissolve it in 40ml of hot water.
- 10If using gelatin POWDER, sprinkle onto 40ml water and leave for 5mins. Melt in the microwave and cool for a while.
- 11Whip whipping cream and set aside.
- 12Cream cream cheese and sugar till smooth and fluffy. Add in gelatin mix and mix well. Then fold in whipped cream.
- 13Fold in shredded chocolate and the diced hazelnuts.
- 15Lay one cake layer in the 8inch cake ring. Top with 1/2 of the cheese mix. Top with the second sponge layer and then top with the rest of the cheese mix.
- 16Refrigerate till set.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hazelnut Layer Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 524.3
- Calories from Fat 361
- Total Fat 40.1 g
- Saturated Fat 18.3 g
- Cholesterol 185.8 mg
- Sodium 134.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 21.9 g
- Protein 9.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: