Prep 40 mins
Cook 50 mins
Different and not as rich as regular cheesecake, but just as good, Or may I even say, better ;)
Make and share this Hazelnut Layer Cheesecake recipe from Food.com.
- Make sponge base first.
- Line and grease a 9inch cake pan. Preheat oven to 180degrees celsius.
- Whisk egg yolks and sugar till pale and quite fluffy.
- In another bowl, whisk egg whites till foamy. Gradually whisk in sugar till stiff peaks form.
- Fold white mix into yellow mix. Sieve in flour and fold it in BY HAND, and not with the mixer.
- Finally fold in the oil or melted butter till well incorporated. Pour into pan and bake for 25-30 mins, till cooked.
- Immediately remove from cake tin and cool. Slice into 2 layers.Then using either the ring of an 8inch springform tin, or an 8 inch cake ring, cut out circles from each sponge (this is so that both are of exact equal size, thats why we make the cake slightly bigger).
- For Cheesecake:.
- If using gelatin leaves, soften in cold water. Then dissolve it in 40ml of hot water.
- If using gelatin POWDER, sprinkle onto 40ml water and leave for 5mins. Melt in the microwave and cool for a while.
- Whip whipping cream and set aside.
- Cream cream cheese and sugar till smooth and fluffy. Add in gelatin mix and mix well. Then fold in whipped cream.
- Fold in shredded chocolate and the diced hazelnuts.
- Lay one cake layer in the 8inch cake ring. Top with 1/2 of the cheese mix. Top with the second sponge layer and then top with the rest of the cheese mix.
- Refrigerate till set.