Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
i got this recipe in my email and had just seen veal chops on sale yesterday. this was so easy to make and looks and tastes so elegant.
- 1 1⁄2 cups shelled hazelnuts
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 4 tablespoons buckwheat honey or 4 tablespoons other dark honey
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, plus extra for garnish
- 6 veal chops
- white pepper
- Preheat oven to broil.
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade, process the nuts, garlic and shallot until finely minced. Add in the honey and pulse to make a paste. Stir in the chopped chives. Set aside.
- Season the veal chops on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place the veal chops on a baking tray 6 inches from the heat and broil 5 minutes per side.
- Spread a layer of the honey paste over the top side of each veal chop. Place crust side up on the baking tray.
- Return the tray, uncovered, to the oven on the rack furthest from the heat. Broil for 10 minutes longer, checking to make sure the honey crust is not burning.
- Garnish with chopped chives.