My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and butterflied
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, chopped very fine
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup mushroom
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 8 ounces cook linguine
- 1On a plate,mix flour, parmesan, hazelnuts, salt and cayenne together (I use a pie plate).
- 2In a bowl, mix eggs and milk.
- 3Dip shrimp in egg wash, then into flour mix being sure to coat well; shake off any excess.
- 4In a large, heavy skillet, heat oil.
- 5Fry shrimp until just done, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- 6Remove shrimp from pan and place on paper towels to drain.
- 7In same skillet, saute tomatoes, mushrooms, onion and garlic until mushrooms start to wilt (about 5 minutes).
- 8Add white wine and basil.
- 9Allow to cook for 3-5 minutes.
- 10Place cooked linguini in a large bowl.
- 11Toss in tomato mixture.
- 12Top with shrimp.
- 13Sprinkle with parmesan and more basil if desired.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hazelnut Crusted Shrimp Italiano
Serving Size: 1 (356 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 641.0
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 23.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 332.6 mg
- Sodium 685.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 41.1 g