Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is by Julia Rutland, it came in the trial edition of Coastal Living Magazine, 11/2007 edition. It is from a few recipes that are ready in 25 minutes!
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pinch of grated nutmeg or 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 lb sea scallops or 1 lb bay scallop, drained
- 1⁄4 cup panko breadcrumbs (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped hazelnuts
- hot cooked pasta
- fresh thyme sprig
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a cast-iron or ovenproof skillet.
- Stir in wine and whipping cream, thyme, salt, pepper & grated nutmeg.
- Add scallops, turning to coat.
- Remove from heat.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in a small bowl in the microwave, and stir in panko and nuts.
- Sprinkle mixture over scallops.
- Bake at 375°F for 10 to 12 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.
- Serve with hot cooked pasta, mixed-greens with a honey-poppy seed vinaigrette, (Whisk 1/4 cup honey, 1/4 cup white-wine vinegar, 1 tsp gratedd onion, 1/4 olive oil, 2 tsp poppy seeds, and salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste. Serve over fresh salad greens) & pour a Jordon Chardonnay Russian River Valley.