Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Bon Appetit July 2008.
- 3⁄4 cup lightly packed fresh raspberry
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup safflower oil
- 3 teaspoons water
- 1 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 3⁄4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon coarse kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 3 teaspoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup honey mustard
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves, butterflied
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 4 cups baby greens
- 1⁄2 cup fresh raspberry
- For the Raspberry Sauce: Puree the 3/4 cup raspberries, white wine vinegar and sugar in a blender until smooth. With blender running, gradually add safflower oil. Add water by teaspoonfuls as needed to thin to desired consistency. Season raspberry sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
- For the Chicken: Preheat oven to 375°F Mix hazelnuts, panko, 1 tablespoon coarse salt, and 2 teaspoons pepper in a shallow bowl.
- Mix the honey mustard, mint leave, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, remaining 1 teaspoon coarse salt, and remaining 1 teaspoon pepper in a bowl. Add chicken; coat.
- Dip chicken pieces, 1 at a time, into crumb, nut mixture, coating both sides and pressing to adhere. Transfer coated chicken pieced to baking sheet.
- Divide equal amounts of butter and peanut oil between 2 large nonstick skillets; heat over medium-high heat. Add 2 chicken pieces to each skillet; reduce heat to medium and cook until chicken is light brown, about 4 minutes per side. Place chicken on a rimmed baking sheet; transfer to oven. Roast chicken until cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Divide salad greens among four plates; top with chicken. Garnish with fresh raspberries and serve raspberry sauce alongside.