Recipe by Jenny74
I got the recipe from a little booklet of recipes in the mail. It is the best chicken I and my husband have had. He asks for it regularly. I make potatoes(sour cream, bacon bits,etc) and asparagus with it. Yummy
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup hazelnuts, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, divided
- 2 sliced green onions
- 1 package knorr classic hollandaise sauce mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Chicken needs to be flattened to a 1/4" thickness.
- I use a mallet for this.
- Mix the flour and hazelnuts on waxed paper.
- Dip the chicken in the egg and then the flour and nut mixture.
- Over medium high heat, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter/marg.
- in a large skillet.
- Brown about 3 minute on each side or until cooked (no longer pink).
- Place the chicken somewhere to keep it warm.
- In the same skillet add the remainder of butter/marg and onions until the butter melts.
- Whisk in the hollandaise sauce until well blended.
- Take from burner and slowly add the milk whisking constantly.
- Over med.
- heat, place back on the stove and bring to a boil mixing constantly.
- Once it boils, turn the temperature to low for about 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Serve immediately over chicken and asparagus if desired.