1/1 Photo of Hazelnut Crusted Chicken With Gorgonzola Sauce - Rachael Ray
This dish was prepared in the same episode of "30 Minute Meals" as the prosciutto-wrapped endive I've also entered here at RecipeZaar, so I went ahead and fixed them for dinner on the same day. :) Delicious! Hazelnuts are very well known and often used in cuisine of the Pacific Northwest, so I was happy to be utilizing them. Not to forget that I got to add stinky cheese, too!! (YUM!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 large egg whites, beaten
- 1 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- fresh ground black pepper or tri-color pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup crumbled gorgonzola
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage leaves, plus extra for garnish (substitute 1 teaspoon dried sage and stir into sauce, if fresh is not available, or you may substitu)
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- 2In a shallow dish, combine the flour, poultry seasoning, and garlic powder.
- 3In another shallow dish or bowl, beat the egg white (we substituted 1 large egg, beaten).
- 4In another shallow dish place the chopped hazelnuts.
- 5Over medium-high temperature, heat a non-stick skillet with an oven-safe handle.
- 6Season the uncooked chicken pieces with the salt and freshly ground pepper.
- 7Dredge the seasoned chicken in the flour mixture, then the egg, then press the meat into the nuts on both sides (gently pressing to get the nuts to adhere); set chicken pieces on a plate, then thoroughly wash your hands in hot water and soap.
- 8Add the olive oil to the preheated pan, then add the prepared chicken.
- 9Brown the encrusted chicken pieces on the stove about 2 minutes per side, then place the entire skillet into the preheated oven and complete the cooking, about 8 minutes, until chicken juices run clear.
- 10While chicken is cooking, warm the milk in a small saucepan over medium heat; add the Gorgonzola and stir, melting it into the milk, then add the sage and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- 11When chicken is done, place the pieces on serving plates then pour sauce over each serving, then garnish with additional chopped sage.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hazelnut Crusted Chicken With Gorgonzola Sauce - Rachael Ray
Serving Size: 1 (296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 583.0
- Calories from Fat 342
- Total Fat 38.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 126.1 mg
- Sodium 480.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 48.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh sage leaves