Recipe by greyghost
Simply AWESOME - This came from Giada De Laurentiis of Food Network - love her show - sooo soooooo good! Great as brittle or crumble and put over ice cream.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄3 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 1⁄2 cups coarsely chopped toasted hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Line heavy large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Stir sugar, water, and both corn syrups in heavy large saucepan over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- Increase heat to high and boil without stirring until candy thermometer reads 260 degrees F, about 20 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium low.
- Mix in hazelnuts, butter, and salt. (mixture will be thick and nutty).
- Cook until thermometer reads 295 degrees F, stirring constantly about 15 minutes.
- Quickly stir in baking soda.
- Immediately pour caramel onto prepared baking sheet, spreading as thinly as possible.
- Let stand until hard.
- Break brittle into pieces and store in airtight container at room temperature.