Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
These are light, crispy, awesome. I learned to make them in Ireland. The measurements are converted from metric, so I had to do weights. Hope this doesn't cause a problem for too many people, but these cookies are worth it. I like to use them as accompaniments to custards and ice creams, or as a part of a cookie tray.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F Line your baking sheets with parchment.
- Cream sugar& butter until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla, mix until incorporated.
- Sift flour, soda and baking powder.
- Fold into egg mixture.
- Fold in nuts.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto baking sheet, leaving space for spreading.
- Bake about 8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from baking sheet and cool on a wire rack.
- NOTES: Dough freezes well; chill it down, form into logs, wrap and freeze up to 3 months.
- Slice and bake.
These cookies had a great texture - light and crispy, exactly as P4's description. I found them a little bland as written, although my husband LOVED them, so I added some orange zest to the last batch, and they were really good. I dropped them by rounded teaspoons, and baked some 9-10 minutes and others about 12 minutes. Thanks for the recipe, P4!