1/2 Photos of Hazelnut Crinkles
4 hrs 40 mins
This is a Chocolate Crinkle cookie made with Chocolate Hazelnut spread and toasted chopped hazelnuts. It is a STAR in my Christmas cookie line-up. Very flavorful! Time to make includes 2 hour chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a medium-sized bowl; set aside.
- 3Beat shortening in bowl of electric mixer, then add chocolate-hazelnut spread. Add sugar and eggs one at a time until well incorporated.
- 4Alternately add dry ingredients and milk into chocolate-hazelnut mixture.
- 5Chill dough 2 hours.
- 6Remove dough from refrigerator and roll into 1" balls, roll in chopped hazelnuts, then powdered sugar.
- 7Place 2" apart on a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- 8Bake about 10 minutes then remove to cooling rack.
- 9If they last as long as 3 days, they begin to absorb moisture and crumble, so eat or distribute them before then!
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hazelnut Crinkles
Serving Size: 1 (55 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 228.3
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 15.9 mg
- Sodium 93.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 19.5 g
- Protein 3.5 g