Recipe by mollypaul
Also called filberts, hazelnuts are one of the highest natural sources of antioxidants and are highly valued for their ultra indulgent flavor. From the Western chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 7⁄8 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 lb hazelnuts, finely ground
- 2 cups cake flour (sifted before measuring)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 275°F.
- Cream butter; add remaining ingredients (the dough must be stiff enough to hold it's shape while baking, so add additional flour if necessary).
- Form small bits of dough into crescents and arrange on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Roll in confectioners' sugar while still warm.