1 hr 3 mins
These cookies are similar to the Mexican Wedding cookies that so many people bake, but stand out due to the use of hazelnuts and the crescent shape.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Very finely chop hazelnuts in a blender (make sure it is a very fine chop but not pulverized) set aside.
- 2Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- 3Add the vanilla, mixing to combine.
- 4Gradually add the flour and hazelnuts to the wet ingredients, making sure all is thoroughly combined.
- 5Cover and chill in the refrigerator 2 hours or overnight.
- 6Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 7With hands, take about a tbsp of dough and roll into a rope shape.
- 8Twist on cookie sheet into a half moon to form a crescent shape.
- 9Bake for 10 minutes (do not brown).
- 10Let sit on cookie sheet for 5 minutes (cookies will be fragile).
- 11CAREFULLY roll in powdered sugar while still warm, then place on cooling rack to cool completely.
- 12Once completely cooled, roll in powdered sugar a second time.
- 13Store in tightly covered container.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hazelnut Crescent Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (13 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 75.0
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 27.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 1.0 g