Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These cookies are similar to the Mexican Wedding cookies that so many people bake, but stand out due to the use of hazelnuts and the crescent shape.
- Very finely chop hazelnuts in a blender (make sure it is a very fine chop but not pulverized) set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla, mixing to combine.
- Gradually add the flour and hazelnuts to the wet ingredients, making sure all is thoroughly combined.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- With hands, take about a tbsp of dough and roll into a rope shape.
- Twist on cookie sheet into a half moon to form a crescent shape.
- Bake for 10 minutes (do not brown).
- Let sit on cookie sheet for 5 minutes (cookies will be fragile).
- CAREFULLY roll in powdered sugar while still warm, then place on cooling rack to cool completely.
- Once completely cooled, roll in powdered sugar a second time.
- Store in tightly covered container.