Prep 1 min
Cook 0 mins
I use this recipe to fill my chocolate crepes, but this would be a delicious filling for cakes or cream puffs as well.
- Put cream into mixing bowl and mix on high until soft peaks form, about 4 minute Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Whisk egg whites and sugar in a bowl while in a pan of boiling water and temp reaches 160 deg(this helps the sugar fully dissolve).
- Attach bowl to mixer with the whisk attachment; beat on high speed until slightly cooled and stiff peaks form (but not dry), about 5 minutes.
- Switch from whisk attachment to paddle attachment. Set on medium and add butter, several pieces at a time, mixing well after each addition (meringue will deflate slightly as butter is added). Add vanilla, hazelnut cream (you can add 1 tsp hazelnut syrup **not extract** to the "1/3 cup heavy cream", if you cannot find hazelnut cream), salt; mix until mixture comes together.
- Fold in the whipped cream that has been put aside in the fridge.
- Fill your favourite pastry.
- This saves well, refrigerated, but will firm up. Best to let it come to room temperature when using later.
- Time includes the time it takes for whipped cream to set up in the fridge.