Recipe by Mom2Rose
From Better Homes & Gardens - This cake needs to chill for 2 hours but can be refrigerated for up to 24 hours in advance.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) packagepillsbury moist supreme lemon cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1⁄3 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄3 cup seedless red raspberry jam
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar, sifted
- halved toasted hazelnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease and flour three 9 inch round cake pans; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions using the water, oil, and eggs called for.
- Divide batter among prepared pans. (If you have only two 9-inch cake pans, cover and chill one-third of the batter and bake it after the other layers are out of the pans.)
- Bake about 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pans on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove cakes from pans.
- Cool thoroughly.
- For filling, in a small bowl stir together the chocolate-hazelnut spread and ricotta cheese.
- Place one layer of cake on a serving platter; spread top with half of the jam.
- Spread half of the chocolate mixture over jam.
- Top with another layer of cake.
- Spread with remaining jam and remaining chocolate mixture.
- Top with remaining layer of cake.
- In a chilled bowl beat whipping cream and powdered sugar with chilled beaters of an electric mixer on medium speed until stiff peaks form.
- Spread whipped cream over top and sides of cake.
- Top with hazelnuts.
- Cover; chill up to 24 hours.