Nana Lee's Note:
This ias an adopted recipe. I haven't tried them yet but I bet they'd make a great addition to the cookie tray for Cmas. Even make good gifts. I've added a note at the end of the directions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
- 2Mix butter, icing sugar and egg yolk, add flour, salt and 1/2 the hazelnuts.
- 3Foam the eggwhite in a small bowl.
- 4Put the remaining hazelnuts into another.
- 5Form balls(from step 2 mixture)of about 2 inches(5 cm).
- 6Dip first in egg white then in hazelnuts and place on baking tray, flattening them slightly.
- 7Form a little hole in the middle and place half an amarena cherry in it.
- 9If you cannot find amarena cherries, use drained dry maraschino cherries.
- 10Bake for 12-15 minutes until lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hazelnut Cookies With Amarena Cherries
Serving Size: 1 (6 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 50
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 33.3
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 6.6 mg
- Sodium 11.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: