Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
can use hazelnuts, brazil nuts, macadamia nuts, or a combination of all mixed nuts. This recipe came from our local Finnish Bakery, he made these only once a month on Fridays.
- 1 1⁄2 cups room temperature butter (solid type) or 1 1⁄2 cups margarine (solid type)
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, grated dried
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, plus
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 3 cups skinned hazelnuts (or combination) or 3 cups nuts, of choice (or combination)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons Carnation Evaporated Milk or 2 1⁄2 tablespoons whipping cream
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Cream butter, sugar, lemon in a large bowl and beat until fluffy.
- Sift dry ingredients together in another bowl.
- Stir dry ingredients into the creamed mixture just until crumbly.
- On a lightly floured board roll dough to 1/4 inch and cut with a three inch biscuit cutter.
- Place in lightly greased 2 1/2 inch tart tins.
- Prick well with a fork, so they dont puff too much.
- You can even prick again during the baking time.
- Or tart tins and cutters to the size you have should be used.
- Bake 16 to 18 minutes until light golden.
- Bake according to the size of your pans.
- Remove and cool ten minutes in the pan on a rack.
- Remove tart shells and cool completely.
- Combine the butter, sugar, and honey in a saucepot over medium heat.
- Stirring constantly while it dissolves and comes to a full boil.
- Boil 1 minute without stirring, mixture will thicken and large bubbles begin to form.
- remove from heat and stir in nuts and the cream.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons nut mixture into each cooled shell.
- Or the amount to fill the size shell you have made.
- Cool completely.