Recipe by Merlot
This is a great departure from the basic pesto sauce.
Top Review by KitchenManiac
This was very unique and different BUT in a GOOD way. I increased the cilantro to 1 1/2 bunches just cos I like the taste of it. Can't get enough of that. The hazelnut gave it a very unique taste and a nice tedture to the dish.
- 1⁄3 cup hazelnuts
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely chop the hazelnuts.
- Put the nuts, garlic cloves, cilanto, salt and 5 tablespoons of the olive oil in a blender.
- Blend to create the sauce.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablepoon of oil in a small saucepan and add to the sauce.
- Fry very gently until heated through.
- Serve over 12 oz of your favorite cooked pasta.
- Sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.