Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
For everyday elegance or a special event, these delightful sweets will suit two just right.
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons chocolate hazelnut spread, divided
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- additional whipped cream (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans, toasted
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Stir in 2 tablespoons hazelnut spread.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Beat in chocolate mixture. Fold in whipped cream.
- Spoon into two parfait glasses. Dollop with additional whipped cream if desired.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt remaining hazelnut spread; stir until smooth. Drizzle over parfaits; sprinkle with pecans.
Wow, this is so rich and decadent yet light at the same time. If you aren't careful you could eat the whole 2 servings yourself and still be craving more of this amazingly simple dessert. This took me about 5 minutes to put together and I chilled it in the fridge overnight before serving. I did make a small error though, I used all the nutella in the mousse even though I read ahead about dividing it - I guess I was too excited to make this:). But this gave it an even more prominent chocolate hazelnut flavour IMO. I will definitely be making this dessert very often in the future. Thanks for sharing!