1/1 Photo of Hazelnut Chocolate Nutella Truffles
Haven't tried these as yet, they look like a good treat to make for the holidays. Prep time includes chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup whipping cream (unwhipped)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon corn syrup
- 9 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons nutella chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1Mix cream butter and corn syrup together in a saucepan.
- 2Place over medium heat and bring to a full boil; turn off heat.
- 3Add in 9 ounces of chopped chocolate and gently swirl the pan (do not stir).
- 4Allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- 5After 5 minutes add in Nutella and whisk slowly to combine.
- 6Transfer the mixture to a bowl.
- 7Refrigerate for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- 8Meanwhile line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 9After 45 minutes the mixture will start to thicken quickly, keep refrigerated another 11-15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
- 10Using a mini ice cream scoop or 2 spoons, form the mixture into 1-inch balls, and place onto prepared sheets; chill until firm (about 10-15 minutes).
- 11While the balls are chilling, melt remaining 6 ounces of chocolate; cool the chocolate slightly before continuing.
- 12Place chopped hazelnuts in a small bowl.
- 13Remove the balls from the refrigerator.
- 14Using one hand, dip the balls into the melted chocolate.
- 15Roll it around in your hand (allowing the excess to drip back into the bowl).
- 16Place the truffle into the chopped hazelnuts.
- 17Using your clean hand cover the truffle with nuts.
- 18Lift it out and place back on the sheets.
- 19Repeat with remaining truffles.
- 20Place back into the refrigerator to set for about 5-8 minutes.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hazelnut Chocolate Nutella Truffles
Serving Size: 1 (763 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 155.2
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 8.9 mg
- Sodium 14.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 3.2 g