Prep 15 mins
Cook 22 mins
Kids call these "nutty nummies", they are very good! Freeze well, if you can keep them that long!!
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄4 cups lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups coarsely chopped hazelnuts
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cream butter and brown sugar in a large bowl on medium speed with electric mixer until well blended.
- Add egg, milk and vanilla.
- Beat until light and creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Add to creamed mixture graadually, beating on low speed just until blended.
- Stir in hazelnuts and chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by heaping spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Leave room between cookies for spreading.
- Bake at 375 degrees 8 or 9 minutes for chewy cookies, 10 or 11 minutes for crisp cookies.
- Note: Cookies will still appear moist when baked.
- They will firm up on cooling.
These cookies were Awesome!! All three of my kids rated it 5 stars. Chocolaty and nutty. The cinnamon gave them a delightful extra flavor to the cookie. They really are nutty yummies, Thank You Dorothy Parks ; )