Prep 15 mins
Cook 22 mins
Kids call these "nutty nummies", they are very good! Freeze well, if you can keep them that long!!
Make and share this Hazelnut Chocolate Chunkies recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄4 cups lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups coarsely chopped hazelnuts
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cream butter and brown sugar in a large bowl on medium speed with electric mixer until well blended.
- Add egg, milk and vanilla.
- Beat until light and creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Add to creamed mixture graadually, beating on low speed just until blended.
- Stir in hazelnuts and chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by heaping spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Leave room between cookies for spreading.
- Bake at 375 degrees 8 or 9 minutes for chewy cookies, 10 or 11 minutes for crisp cookies.
- Note: Cookies will still appear moist when baked.
- They will firm up on cooling.
These cookies were Awesome!! All three of my kids rated it 5 stars. Chocolaty and nutty. The cinnamon gave them a delightful extra flavor to the cookie. They really are nutty yummies, Thank You Dorothy Parks ; )