Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is based on a cupcake recipe (from 125 best cupcake recipes) that I slightly modified. I love hazelnuts and I had to try this recipe which I lowered the sugar content. Hazelnut meal can be found at Wholefoods or you can simply make your own by following the directions after the recipe. This muffin tastes like Nutella....yummy!
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup hazelnut meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup mini chocolate chip
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F; line 15 muffin tins with paper liners. Set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together flour, hazelnut meal, baking powder and salt. Stir in chocolate chips.
- In a large bowl, using electric mixer, beat together the sugar and butter until well combines. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Alternatively beat in flour mixture and milk, making three additions of flour mixture and two of milk, beating until smooth.
- Scoop batter into prepared pans. Bake in oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pans and let completely cool off on racks.
- To make hazelnut meal: Place 1/2 cup of hazelnuts in a single layer on a foil or parchment lined baking sheet. Bake in center of preheated 350°F oven for 10 minutes or until slightly blistered. Wrap the nuts in a clean kitchen towel and let stand for 1 minute. Rub nuts in towel to remove loose skins (it's ok if you are unable to remove all the skin). Let cool completely before placing in a food processor with a metal blade. Grind the nuts finely, but be careful not to over process too much.