Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Yum!! These sound delicious! I can't wait to try these. Recipe comes from taste of home.
Make and share this Hazelnut Chip Scones recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3⁄4 cup cold butter (no substitutes)
- 1 large egg, seperated
- 1 1⁄2 cups refrigerated hazelnut-flavored liquid coffee creamer
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- additional sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a bowl, combine first 5 ingredients; cut in butter until crumbly. In a bowl, whisk egg yolk and creamed; add to dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in chocolate chips. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10 times. Divide dough in half. Pat each portion into a 7 inch circle; cut into eight wedges. Seperate wedges and place on greased baking sheet.
- Beat egg white; brush over dough.
- Sprinkle with additional sugar. Bake at 425° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, in small mixing bowl, combine spiced butter ingredients; beat until smooth. Serve with warm scones.