Recipe by Courtly
Yum!! These sound delicious! I can't wait to try these. Recipe comes from taste of home.
Top Review by **Sierra**
These were delicious and very easy to make. I was looking for ways to use up some coffee creamer and these were just perfect. Everyone loved them. They were very moist and SO good straight from the oven. Can't wait to make again.
- 4 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3⁄4 cup cold butter (no substitutes)
- 1 large egg, seperated
- 1 1⁄2 cups refrigerated hazelnut-flavored liquid coffee creamer
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- additional sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine first 5 ingredients; cut in butter until crumbly. In a bowl, whisk egg yolk and creamed; add to dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in chocolate chips. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10 times. Divide dough in half. Pat each portion into a 7 inch circle; cut into eight wedges. Seperate wedges and place on greased baking sheet.
- Beat egg white; brush over dough.
- Sprinkle with additional sugar. Bake at 425° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, in small mixing bowl, combine spiced butter ingredients; beat until smooth. Serve with warm scones.