Recipe by Malriah
Elegant and romantic dinner for two. From Shelter Harbor Inn - Westerly, RI.
Top Review by Lorac
Excellant! Sauteed nut encrusted boneless chicken breast with an enchanting and delectable cream sauce flavored with orange, thyme and Frangelico. I followed the well written directions, and made no changes except for having to substitute macadamia nuts. I breaded the chicken 2 hours prior which made cooking the dish easy and quick. This would be the perfect main course for a dinner party or special occasion. I will treasure this recipe>
- 1 large orange
- 1 whole boneless chicken breast half
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped husked hazelnuts
- 1⁄3 cup fine fresh breadcrumb
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten to blend with
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon Frangelico
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove peel and white pith from orange.
- Cut between membranes with small sharp knife to release orange segments.
- Using flat mallet or rolling pin, pound chicken between 2 sheets of waxed paper to thickness of 1/2 inch.
- Combine hazelnuts, bread crumbs and 1/4 teaspoon thyme on large plate.
- Dredge chicken in flour, shaking off excess.
- Dip into egg, then into hazelnut mixture, shaking off excess.
- Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook until golden brown and springy to touch, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to plates.
- Tent with foil to keep warm.
- Stir cream, orange juice, liqueur and 1/8 teaspoon thyme into skillet and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until reduced to 2/3 cup.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add orange sections.
- Spoon sauce over chicken and serve.