1 hr 20 mins
Biscotti means twice baked. Packed with hazelnuts and chocolate chips, these are perfect with coffee or a cappuccino.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup strong coffee, cooled
- 1 tablespoon skim milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup hazelnuts, toasted, skinned and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or 1/2 cup white chocolate, chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- 3In separate bowl, stir together coffee, milk, egg, egg white and vanilla extract.
- 4Add coffee mixture to flour mixture.
- 5Stir by hand just until dough is soft.
- 6Stir in hazelnuts and chocolate chips.
- 7Turn dough onto lightly floured surface.
- 8With floured hands, shape into two 8" logs.
- 9Place logs 2" to 3" apart on baking sheet coated with cooking spray and flatten each into a rectangle about 3" wide.
- 10Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until golden and firm.
- 11Transfer logs to rack to cool 15 minutes.
- 12Reduce oven temperature to 275°F.
- 13Place logs on cutting board, trim ends and cut each log diagonally into ½" to ¾" slices using a serrated knife.
- 14Place slices cut side down on baking sheet.
- 15Return to oven, and bake 20 minutes.
- 16Flip cookies over, and bake 20 minutes longer.
- 17Transfer to rack to cool.
- 18Variation: For a shiny finish, brush the tops of the dough logs before baking with a glaze made with 1 egg white beaten with 1 teaspoon water.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hazelnut Cappuccino Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (846 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1492.1
- Calories from Fat 425
- Total Fat 47.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 105.9 mg
- Sodium 1061.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 247.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.3 g
- Sugars 125.9 g
- Protein 29.6 g