Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A fast and easy coffee cake. The most work is the grinding of the nuts, but that doesn't take long. Good for lactose and gluten intolerants. I often make this for my mother-in-law who is 100% milk protein intolerant.
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, brown makes the flavour more intense
- 200 g ground hazelnuts or 200 g mixed nuts
- Put oven to 200°C (or 390°F).
- Butter and flour a loaf tin.
- For gluten intolerants, use grounded nuts for this step.
- "Cream” egg and sugar together for 10 minutes to get a yellow and fluffy batter.
- Fold in the ground nuts.
- Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes in the middle of the oven until a stick comes out clean.
- Let cool slightly and tip out of the tin; let cool completely.
This receipe works exactly as it is. I was a bit sceptical but 25 minutes later a perfect cake appears in the oven. After it cools I'll frost it with a cream cheese frosting and serve it cold. I did use extra large eggs and commercially ground hazelnut flour.