Recipe by DogAndCatDoc
I had a version of this from the company Rising Moon....it is fabulous....so I am looking for a recipe similar to this and plan to try it soon...didn't want to lose it. Apparently this one originally comes from "Vegetarian Gourmet" Spring 1994.
- 1 small butternut squash
- 1⁄2 cup hazelnuts
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Cut squash into quarters, remove seeds & place in a baking dish with 1/2 c water.
- Cover & bake till tender.
- Cool & then scrape out the flesh & mash. Set aside.
- Increase oven temperature to 375°F.
- Place hazlenuts on a cookie sheet & roast until lightly browned, about 7 minutes.
- Let cool & then rub off their skins.
- Saute onion & garlic in oil until browned. Add 1 c suqash & cook for 2 minutes over medium heat.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor & process until smooth.
- Use to fill pasta dough of your choice & cook as desired.