Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
One of the best recipe I stumble upon. Moist and fudgy!
- 150 g dark chocolate, block
- 120 g melted butter
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup plain flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 100 g toasted chopped hazelnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C and place the rack in the center of the oven. Butter an 8 inch square pan, and line the bottom and sides of the pan with parchment or wax paper.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a large stainless steel or a glass bowl places over a saucepan pf simmering water. Remove from heat and stir in the cocoa powder and sugar. Next, whisk in the vanilla extract and eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Finally, stir in the flour, salt and hazelnuts.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for about 25mins (I baked mine for 20mins), or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a little batter and a few moist clumps clinging to it. Do not over bake. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack. Serve at room temp pr chilled. These freeze very well.