Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Brown rice already has a nutty flavor. The hazelnuts add to the nuttiness. A good side for roasted meats.
- 1 cup long grain brown rice
- 1 1⁄4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, cut into pieces
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped toasted hazelnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, mix together the rice, broth, water, soy sauce, Worcestershire, butter, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil; transfer mixture to a 2 quart casserole dish that has been coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and bake in a 350°F oven for about 1 hour or until the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in nuts just before serving.