Recipe by catalinacrawler
this is not my own personal recipe, i added it for the zaar world tour game and now zaar reps refuse to remove it.
Top Review by Kitchen Witch Steph
I can't say I love this more than peanut brittle but I love most any nut and it was topped with chocolate so that is good in my book. This is one of those things I would have thought to be hard but it was not actually. The hard part was yelling at the children to stay back because it is HOT! I will probably stick to some other nuts in the future but this was fun to try. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT4.
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups roasted unsalted hazelnuts, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 drops vanilla
- chocolate, for decoration Melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Put a large pot or kettle over a medium heat.
- Add sugar, water, and corn syrup and bring to a boil.
- When mixture comes to a boil, add butter.
- Cook to 260 degrees F on a candy thermometer without stirring and add the sliced hazelnuts.
- Bring mixture to 300 degrees F and stir in salt, baking soda and vanilla.
- Pour mixture onto a greased baking sheet and spread out and allow to cool.
- Break up into pieces and decorate with melted chocolate.