Recipe by MarieRynr
This is an easy, delicious and simple dessert. Perfect in the fall when you have plums you want to get rid of. Very impressive dish to serve your dinner guests also.
Top Review by sugarpea
This was gorgeous coming out of the oven. It's a plum crisp and quite a good one. Dh thought it was too orangey but he's not writing the review, and I thought it was perfect! I used fat free topping and that seemed fine. I did add the orange zest to the topping and thought it was a nice touch.
- 36 ounces large plums, halved and stoned
- 8 ounces shelled hazelnuts
- 4 ounces softened butter
- 6 ounces golden brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 oranges
- 1 (284 ml) carton double cream (whipping cream)
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Lay the plums, cut side up, in one layer in a buttered oven proof dish.
- Toast the hazelnuts in a pan,shaking until even.
- Reserve 3 tablespoons.
- Grind the rest in a blender.
- With a hand blender or wooden spoon, cream the butter and sugar until softened and pale, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Beat in egg, stir in cinnamon, flour and round hazelnuts.
- Spoon a little on to each plum.
- Roughly chop the reserved hazelnuts; scatter on top.
- Heat oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Grate zest of one orange.
- Whip the cream and icing sugar so that it just holds its shape.
- Fold in most of the zest.
- Put in a bowl, sprinkle with remaining zest, wrap and chill in fridge.
- Pour juice of both oranges around the plums.
- Bake uncovered for 30 to 35 minutes, until tender.
- Remove from oven and let sit 10 minutes.
- Serve warm with the cream.