Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 4 ounces white chocolate or 4 ounces white chocolate baking squares, chopped
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups coarsely chopped hazelnuts (filberts) or 1 1⁄2 cups almonds, toasted
- 1⁄3 cup dried tart cherries or 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- 12 vanilla caramels, unwrapped
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Butter the foil; set baking sheet aside.
- In a small heavy saucepan melt white chocolate and shortening over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Remove from heat; stir in hazel-nuts and cherries.
- Let stand for 10 minutes to allow mixture to set up slightly.
- Drop by a rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheet.
- In another small heavy saucepan combine caramels and butter.
- Cook and stir over low heat until melted and smooth (if mixture is too thick to drizzle, stir in 2 teaspoons hot water).
- Remove from heat; drizzle caramel mixture over candy clusters.
- Let stand 1 hour or until firm.
- Store tightly covered for up to 3 days.