Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a delicious bread with the work left out. This is perfect to make into Thanksgiving dinner rolls. I prefer to use the machine to make the dough and then bake it in the oven. Baking time is however long it takes your machine.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup chopped hazelnuts or 3⁄4 cup almonds, toasted
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons margarine or 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto or 2 tablespoons hazelnut-flavored liqueur
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon Amaretto or 1 tablespoon hazelnut-flavored liqueur or 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- toasted chopped hazelnuts (optional) or almonds (optional)
- According to the manufacturer's directions add the flour, milk, nuts, egg, sugar, margarine or butter, liqueur, yeast, and salt to a bread machine pan, .
- Bake and cool as directed.
- Drizzle cooled bread with Amaretto Glaze. If desired, top with additional nuts. Makes 1 - 1-1/2 pound loaf (24 servings).
- Amaretto Glaze: In a small bowl stir together 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon amaretto or hazelnut liqueur or 1/2 teaspoon almond extract, and enough milk (1 to 2 teaspoons) to make a glaze consistency.
Delicious! This makes for wonderful sticky buns. I used my dough cycle, and pulled out the INCREDIBLY STICKY dough, tried to work with it, and ended up dropping blobs onto a pan to rise again for a couple of hours (during dinner). Then I baked them at 325 for 20 minutes, pulled them glazed them, and my family devoured them. The buns were delicious, but I think next time, I will make a loaf out of this, and save myself the trouble! :) Thank you for posting, made for ZWT4.
This is wonderful and so simple to prepare in the bread machine. I used the hazelnut theme throughout, toasting the hazelnuts for best flavor. This glaze is the perfect for this loaf. Thanks again for another great recipe, Annacia : )