Recipe by Divinemom5
This is a fun meal, just add rolls or bread and a green salad if desired. My kids love this! This recipe adjusts easily for large or small groups, just cook enough rice for about 1 cup cook rice per person. Yes, this can be considered "retro". I didn't post this as an "asian" or "chinese" dish. It definitely is not for sophisticated palates! It just is a fun way to get my kids to eat some veggies, and it is easy!
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (5 ounce) cancrispy chinese noodles
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 -3 chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups finely grated cheese
- 1 bunch sliced green onion (greens included)
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- crushed peanuts, crush with rolling pin (optional)
- flaked coconut (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In saucepan, cover chicken with water and boil until done.
- Remove chicken, cool and shred, reserve cooking liquid.
- Put soup in saucepan, stir and add enough cooking liquid to make thick gravy (do not add too much, it will thin as it heats). Add chicken and heat.
- Set out chopped ingredients in small bowls.
- Serve buffet style, first 1 cup rice, then add whatever chopped ingredients you desire. Top with chicken gravy mixture and noodles.