Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a fun meal, just add rolls or bread and a green salad if desired. My kids love this! This recipe adjusts easily for large or small groups, just cook enough rice for about 1 cup cook rice per person. Yes, this can be considered "retro". I didn't post this as an "asian" or "chinese" dish. It definitely is not for sophisticated palates! It just is a fun way to get my kids to eat some veggies, and it is easy!
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (5 ounce) cancrispy chinese noodles
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 -3 chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups finely grated cheese
- 1 bunch sliced green onion (greens included)
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- crushed peanuts, crush with rolling pin (optional)
- flaked coconut (optional)
- In saucepan, cover chicken with water and boil until done.
- Remove chicken, cool and shred, reserve cooking liquid.
- Put soup in saucepan, stir and add enough cooking liquid to make thick gravy (do not add too much, it will thin as it heats). Add chicken and heat.
- Set out chopped ingredients in small bowls.
- Serve buffet style, first 1 cup rice, then add whatever chopped ingredients you desire. Top with chicken gravy mixture and noodles.
Yummy!! My family loved it. Asked if we could have it again next week.
W0W! Its nice, very filling, makes for a meal all by itself!
Extremely disappointed in this, although it certainly must rate as an incredible "retro" recipe. Not Chinese, not vaguely Asian - but does indeed use up cans of soup, and is no doubt a kid pleaser. Especially if they have never been exposed to Chinese food.