Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A family staple at Christmas. My mom always called this Fried Candy and then the kids changed it to Haystacks. This is not the usual haystacks with chocolate or fried noodles.
- 14.79 ml butter
- 236.59 ml walnuts, chopped
- 340.19 g can sweetened condensed milk
- 709.77 ml shredded coconut
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- Melt butter in a large non-stick skillet.
- Add all other ingredients to skillet and cook over medium heat until mixture is lightly browned - stir and turn over often.
- Remove skillet from stove top.
- Drop mixture by spoonfuls onto waxed paper.
- Let cool completely before storing (or sampling lol).
Wow are these deliciously addictive! They were sweet, creamy, chewy, and crunchy, yum. Can't wait to make these again, they went fast lol. Made for the 8th Annual Photo tag.