Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
My mother got this recipe from my uncle and passed it to me. I love this recipe because it reminds me of family gatherings. This recipe can easily be adjusted for more servings by doubling the ingredients.
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb turkey
- 1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 1 can cheddar cheese soup
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk (whole, 2%, 1%, or skim)
- enough rice, for everyone that is eating
- chopped walnuts or pecans
- chopped onion
- diced tomatoes
- shredded lettuce
- corn chips
- Brown hamburger and drain.
- Add spaghetti sauce and heat through.
- Prepare cheese soup using the soup can of milk.
- Prepare rice.
- To assemble: place rice on plate.
- Top with meat sauce.
- Next top with corn chips.
- Then add any of the remaining toppings you wish.
- Pour cheese soup over the top.
This was excellent & we were pleased that the sausage casing was soft & easy to cut with a fork. Would add a little more potato.