Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
These look like mini haystacks thus the name. Kids and adults love them. Very "Harvesty" when served on dish with the mini pumpkins or candy corn, etc.
- 340.19 g butterscotch chips
- 141.74 g can chow mein noodles
- 236.59 ml cocktail peanuts
- Microwave morsels in glass bowl on medium just until shiny.
- Add chow mein noodles and nuts.
- Stir quickly and thoroughly until noodles are evenly coated.
- Quickly spoon onto waxed paper.
- Let them set until dry (about 15 minutes).
This is the same recipe my husband's family uses. Kids love these, but so do adults! They work best with the thicker noodles, so don't buy the Chun King brand. Thanks for posting Smilynn!
These are so tasty. They are a little trickier to make than I would have thought. I had a little trouble I think getting the chips to melt enough that I could stir them into the noodles. The melted chips just made a big clump and wouldn't really separate to coat the noodles. Using my hands to mix helped a little, but other than that, they taste great. Maybe next time I'll try microwaving the chips a little longer, stirring some like when melting candy-chocolate. I was just afraid to burn it. THANKS
Made with chocolate chips. Easter gathering it was a hit.