Recipe by Susan Lee
This is a quick, easy meal or a great snack for afterschool or teenagers who gather at your house!
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans (or better yet fry your own! pintos, red beans, black beans-whatever)
- 1⁄2 package taco seasoning mix (or mix your own with garlic powder, comino, chili powder)
- 3 tablespoons salsa or 3 tablespoons taco sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream (can use fat-free)
- 2 avocados
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 ounces canned green chilies
- 4 ounces sliced black olives
- 3⁄4 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 3⁄4 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 3⁄4 cup alfalfa sprout
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat beans with seasoning and salsa.
- Spread on a large platter, 1/2" thick.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on beans.
- Spread layer of sour cream.
- Blend avocados with lemon juice, spread over sour cream.
- Mix together chiles green onions and olives and sprinkle over avocado.
- Top with tomatoes and lastly alfalfa sprouts.
- (Omit any items your family doesn't like).
- Serve with a bowl of tortilla chips.