Prep 1 min
Cook 10 mins
Hawthorn berries have positive cardiac effects, reducing blood pressure and the heart rate. It is also useful in the treatment of edema and dyspnea (shortness of breath). Lemon rind contains citrus flavonoids that improve varicose veins and are antihistaminic. Lime blossoms also have cardiac properties, reducing blood pressure and helping nervous disorders. CHECK WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE DRINKING THIS IF YOU TAKE OTHER MEDICATIONS .
- 1 tablespoon dried hawthorn berries
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon dried lime blossoms
- 2 cups boiling water
- Place the hawthorn berries, lemon zest and lime blossom in a warmed ceramic or glass teapot.
- Add the boiling water and let steep for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Strain and drink hot or cool.
- Drink 1 to 2 cups of the tea each day.