Recipe by Jamilahs_Kitchen
Hawaiian Shrimp Appetizer posted for ZWT 7
Top Review by Chef Shannon N.
This recipe is fantastic ! Great flavor. I used less than pound of shrimp, but kept the liquids the same for the sauce and it worked out perfectly. Looked for macadamia nut oil at my Whole Foods and they didn't have it so I used olive oil. I toasted some whole wheat english muffins instead of French bread. The only thing I will add next time is a pinch of salt and a tad bit more honey for sweetness I served it over brown rice. This is a keeper. Thanks Jamilah !
- 1⁄2 cup macadamia nut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons creole seasoning
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 lb large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- lemon, wedged (to garnish)
- French bread, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 13x9-ince baking dish combine oil, garlic, Cajun seasoning, lemon juice, honey and soy sauce. Add shrimp and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour. Preheat oven to 450°F Bake until shrimp are cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes. Garnish with lemon wedges and serve with French bread. Makes 4 servings.